Friday, April 17, 2009

Freedom To Protest!

I am very happy to say that we attended a tea party in Fallon on Wednesday the 15th...tax day. It was absolutely freezing and we were not able to stay long but I am glad we went and stood up for what we believe in. I had the kids hold up their sign's but that didn't last long.

Adelia and her kids came with us and it was a good experience. Adelia is my politically active friend. Her and I both went to a city hall meeting where we sat from 5 pm to 11pm on a issue that would directly effect us here in our neighborhood. Yes, it was annoying and long but I am planning on doing it again. I am finally getting the fact that if we want to keep our REPUBLIC strong and alive we need to get out and get active in the community!

I know for some they didn't understand what the tea party's represented that day... a lot in the media are calling those who supported them "radical extremists". I wish that they truly would take the time to understand what middle America is trying to say. I know for me it was about saying no to all the bailouts, no I don't want you to take care of me, no I don't want you to put away our Constitution anymore, no I don't want you taking from me and giving it to the person down the street that is not working!
I love America and I love that we have the freedom to protest and have our voices be heard. I hope that I can teach my boys about what this country was founded on and what our duties are in protecting her.


No comments: