Saturday, November 20, 2010

FHE Success Story

Family Home Evening can either go two ways in our house.

Either we (Michael and I) are able to be patient and persever while we try and teach the kids important life lessons and spiritual realites while they poke each other, wiggle around and basically show no interest in what we have prepared OR we are able to present a topic that grabs their attention and they sit and listen.

Not only do they listen but it seems that the information was internalized....at least for the evening.

This was just that sort of night!

The lesson came from a wonderful site that Lindsey sent to me. (Thank you I LOVE it!) It was on being strong and not letting the advesary hit us with his arrows of tempation. The kids really enjoyed and so did I!

The activity at the end was just as fun as the lesson. I don't think there is anything more fun in life than to laugh and feel the Spirit with those that you love more than life!

I love my sweet little family in spite of the many times that I want to strangle them. So when we have moments like these I want to cherish them and remember them.

3 comments:

Janie said...

That is awesome and I LOVE the action shots of them trying to catch donuts in their mouths!! That is sweet.

Katie said...

That is awesome! Way to keep those firey darts from hitting you and your cute family! Looks like a fun activity! Any doughnuts left for me?!

Lindsey said...

As soon as I saw those arrows I knew you had done one from that website. I LOVE it too, but unlike you, I am looking and not applying!! I need to get with it and teach my kids that one and several others of hers that look good. Your kids look great. Cole and Carson still look familiar, but Morgan sure has changed in the last year! It still surprised me even after seeing you guys in September.