Friday, January 25, 2013

Power of Moms

I have had the privilege to be involved with a group now going on almost two years.  Its called Circles.              It is from this site which is so full of awesome information!  It is described as part book group/part support group and the latter is sure true.  I have been able to get such a boost from hearing other mothers like myself describe what its like being in the "trenches" of motherhood.  These women are all from my church group and they are amazing women!

We meet last night and I had such a great time listening and talking with them.  The power of a support group is really incalculable.  I really need to be around other women and gain strength from their lives and stories.  I am so thankful for them and so thankful for motherhood...what an awesome responsibility!

If anyone is looking to start one of there own it is really super easy...go to that site, it has everything you need to know and so much more.   And I think us mothers could really use all the advice, encouragement, and tips available to us.


3 comments:

Candy said...

Thanks for sharing that Cylee. I have another friend who is active with Power of moms, so I had heard of it before. I clicked on the link you provided and read several entries. JUST what I needed to hear. I'm having a hard time today. Struggling to find joy in the journey. marriage is hard. Kids are hard. being a mom is hard. I never feel like anything is how I want it. Nothing is as good as I'd like. I gain weight. My kids fight. I don't do this or that enough. It's hard. But i guess i just need to keep on keepin on.

miss you.

Cylee Pressley said...

Candy,

I'm glad you liked it! I have found so much great advice from this site, and some of there other programs they have available there are just what I needed.

It is HARD sometimes isn't it and sometimes knowing it isn't just you, that others are experiencing the same thing, can be helpful. Us mothers are in this together and we sure do need each other to make it through some days.(At least for me)

I would love to call and catch up with you some time....I miss you too!

Janie said...

I am glad your group is going well. No one can start and execute a group like Cylee Pressley. Summer and I were just talking about that.