Saturday, August 2, 2014

I am going to DO IT!

Yes, I am still on my homeschooling kick and do you want to know why?  Because its a HUGE decision.... it affects the whole entire family in an enormous, gigantic, and massive way.  Its count down time.  School starts in two weeks.  My doubts are creeping in big time.  Everything negative that people have said about homeschooling keeps flooding my head in wave after wave.  

Then I have to remember to breath...stop... and remember to think, do I feel that this is right and good for my kids?  YES!  Can I take back all that I have read and convinced me that homeschooling is for us?  NO!  Have I found the best curriculum ever?  I do believe so.  

It is called Latter Day Learning found here.  I think the most important learning is spiritual learning that I tie like a knot with character development. That is always been most important to me and that's the one thing that has been missing in education for a very long time!   I think when you combine the two you have a formula for the most successful life possible.  That is what Latter Day Learning is about in the six subjects it teaches.  

This process has been spiritual in a real sense.  And I think as I continue with this homeschooling journey its going to be a huge blessing to my family.  

Can I just say I am soooooo behind on picture because of this deal.  I am posting Puerto Rico pictures next!!  

No comments: