Saturday, December 26, 2009

We Have a Home Base Again!

We have found our little piece of heaven in Utah.

This is an 11 year old home that sits on 5 acres, yes I did say 5 acres! It is such a modest, comfortable, cozy little home. Now there are things about it that will need some work and there are some things that I will just have to live with but overall this is such a blessing that we found it. And I love it.



This is a view from the front yard. We have no one in front of us or in back of us. The house on the left is our closest neighbor on that side of the street. And the neighbor on our same side of the street is just as far.

Now this place is not in the city, as you can see. It is in a little town 30 miles from Salt Lake. It is a little farming community and our ward is called Silver Spur to give you an idea of the area that we live in. And approximately 2,500 people.


This is a backyard view....nothing behind us. Very strange for us. The white fence is not the end of our property. For some reason the previous owners fenced the backyard so small....come summer we are going to remove the fence and just have it open. The closest thing to us in the back is the church and a charter school.
When we first left Nevada I really worried that we would never be able to find a good home like we had. A home that "felt" good and comfortable. A place where you could see yourself raising your kids. I am so happy to say that we have been able to find a place here.
I did not handled myself the way I would have liked through this past trial while renting. However, the experience is not a loss because I have come to understand a little more how important a stable home base is.
I look forward to beautifying this place and being a good steward over what the Lord has given us.

3 comments:

Janie said...

You are killing me!! The way you have described this house I was expecting an older looking modest home. Your house is beautiful!! I love the little planted area to the right of your porch. It looks so cute. I can't wait to see it!

By the way my mom does not want to go to Utah right now so I will not be coming soon but I will keep seeing air fares. I loved this post!

Brya said...

Your home is beautiful! And on top of that all that land! I am so coveting right now.

Liz said...

O.k. we really do need to get caught up. What a beautiful home! And 5 acres!!!! Holy Cow! That is amazing! Call me.