Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tis the Season for Family

Now granted this lady is not related to me but I consider her my sister. We have been friends around 9 years. I first meet her when she was getting taught by the missionaries and she was a little punk rocker chick. I had just got active myself and was very excited for her. We also happened to be roommates... just barley. (Which she was not happy about....right?) Erica didn't like me much in the beginning and the feeling was mutual.

But oh how things change. I consider her as one of my best friends. She has had to put up with me over the years and has always been there when I have needed her most. What makes our relationship special is we got active at the same time, we have similar backgrounds and we have history together.

I was able to spend an evening with her while we were in Arizona and it was a blast. We had dinner together and then went to a movie. That was the first time in 4 + years we have been able to hang out like that.

This is what this time of year is about for me. Hanging out with people that I love.

My adorable, hard working, handsome, and overall great man holding our little Morgan. She is talking way sooner than the boys ever did! She has 1o words in her vocab now.


We went to Arizona to see Tommy and Elaine on a surprise trip with TJ and his family. It was fun to see their surprise when we all burst into their home. We stayed a week and had a good time. The kids really enjoyed playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was wonderful to see them both doing good.


All the kids had a good time. They especially enjoyed climbing the tree out back and getting extremely dirty in the backyard. I'm sure Tommy and Elaine are still recovering from our stay there.

We were there for Thanksgiving and after we ate that day we opened some Christmas presents from the grandparents. Later we talked as a family what we were most thankful for. I always enjoy doing that and am glad that Jaime got us going. There family had made a cute thankful box for the whole month and were going over it in the picture above.
The best time of year is now. Starting from Halloween on. I hope I can stay focused on what is important and that is family.

4 comments:

Erica said...

you will always be my hetero sexual life mate...lol..so much fun being with you..what are you talking about I adored you when you lived with me..i am shocked you could even think otherwise..(wink wink)

you grew on me what can I say.. like a fungus I can't remove..lol.

I love you ..

Janie said...

It's about time!! But this post was confussing to me. I read the words "adorable, hard working, handsom, and great" and then there was a picture of Mike! Was is a typo? Ha Ha Ha. J/K. It was nice to see your family and Erica. You talk so much about her and I have never seen a picture. I like her sense of humor. Did you go see New Moon with her?

Jaime said...

I'm so glad that we ALL made the AZ happen, I think Tommy and Elaine really enjoyed it. Yet, I'm sure your right about them still recovering from our stay.

Liz said...

How fun! I had no idea you went to AZ. I'm so happy you and Erica were able to hang out. You guys both look so good in that picture. I love you guys! I wish I could have been there. Next time Erica, you have to come to UT so the three of us can hang out. ;)