Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another Blessing Turned into Trial!

I am happy to report that I am now on my way to becoming a mother of four! We have been trying since last December (minus a few months... I just got tired), and it finally happened for us. I am only 8 weeks along but already dreading the next month and half until this nasty, no energy, wanna-throw up-but-don't, feeling will leave me. This is what I tried so hard for right? No, just want the baby not all this junk!

I am happy but in the day to day moments of the last month I don't feel all that happy. I am always amazed at how my mood and attitude take a nose dive when I don't feel good. So I am happy at the blessing of having another one in the long and distant future but so sad that I am in this horrible stage.

With each child my pregnancies get worse. So I can say very emphatically this is it…..no more! I am over this stage already and want to move on to the fun nesting stage. I am even crazy enough right now to take being huge and uncomfortable over this nasty stage.

No more venting. On to how we found out. We went to visit my family in Idaho for the 4th of July, which went down in flames, I will say the worst visit of all time and I don’t think anything could ever top it. I will spare future generations the bore of all the details, but suffice to say, it did not go well and I was an emotional basket case. I could not take my family and my family could not take me. So when I found out two days after coming home that I was pregnant I felt a little comforted by the fact that there were hormones to blame the whole event on. Sorry again, for any and all who had to put up with me that weekend.

I hate being so negative, especially in light of my last post. But "this too shall pass", as my Grandma Carol always says, and it will, and I can’t pray it here soon enough!

6 comments:

Janie said...

I am so sorry you are in the yuck stage. I really HATE that part. I will pray for you that you are out of it soon. Maybe this means you are having another girl!!

Oh and by the way... I WILL NOT BE GETTING PREGNANT!!! :) As nice as it sounds to be prego with you, I'll pass :)

Maybe next time. hahaha

Liz said...

Oh, hang in there Cy! I wish I could sympathize more with you, but I don't get sick at all. But that doesn't mean I am one of those women who love being pregnant either. But I am super proud of you for going for number four! You and Mike are awesome parents and this baby will be loved!

Candy said...

oh I feel your pain! When I was pregnant with Sayla, I wrote down in detail how awful and miserable I felt, so I would NEVER want to go through it again. It was miserable. Driving past fast food places was torture. Just the thought.....ew.....
So hang in there. You WILL get through this Yuck stage, and it will get better. Your hormones will regulate and you will not feel sick anymore.
Another little Pressley running around will be so great, and I can't wait to hear about your pregnancy.
Be thankful you can get pregnant. That is a blessing. Be thankful for that miracle. I have a good friend who had a baby, and then could NOT get pregnant again. Major infertility issues, really rough times. But they just adopted a baby two days ago.

Anyway...that was a rant....hang in there babe. Be easy on yourself. Citrus seemed to help me a bit.

Lindsey said...

Congrats Cylee and Mike! I'm so happy for you guys!! I don't know why it took longer this time, but I'm sure looking back in a few years you will see that everything was for the best. I'm sorry that you're not feeling great. I hope the next few weeks fly by and that the second trimester greets you with tons of energy! Can't wait to hear how things go and whether it's going to be a baby boy or girl! Can't go wrong either way with your cute kids.

Speciale said...

So I never comment but I couldnt help it this time! Congrats! I had no idea! 4, holy cow please let me know how that is! We totally want 4 or 5 kids, I just can't even picture it. I am SO sorry about all the yuck, not fun at all! But the future certainly is exciting :)

Lanette said...

First and foremost, yeehaw to Pressley #4. However, my heart totally goes out to you right now. I HATE this stage. I think we lived on cold cereal for breakfast AND dinner for about three months. You are right, this too shall pass. But it doesn't take away from the yuckiness of it all. Hang in there. Give yourself a break. A grouchy mom for a couple of months won't kill anyone. In fact, they'll be THAT MUCH happier to have you back. Opposition in ALL things, right? We love you and congrats!!