Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Christmas Desk

 So this is the little beauty I found on KSL for $20.00.  Cole gave us a list of 17 items that he was requesting for Christmas.  They were things like paper, scissors, envelopes, pencils...basically anything that was office related or craft related.  To my pure delight after gathering these items and purchasing them his budget was only half way used.  So I thought it might be fun to give him something that would house all of his "stuff". 

I found the desk and Mike went and picked it up.  To my surprise he said he wanted to fix it up!
 I am so glad that he did because I wouldn't have even come close to how good this looks.  On the side that Cole will sit at he painted on a dry erase section.  (I didn't even know you could do that!)
He put such detail and care into it I was totally jealous that it wasn't going to be mine.  Cole of course was in heaven when he found out it was his. 

I love these DIY projects that don't cost that much! And I love that my incredible husband would take such time and attention to detail and do this for our son.  I'm in love with the desk and my hubby!

4 comments:

Candy said...

that's awesome! Great re-do!
And Cole is TOTALLY your son with wanting office supplies and being all organized, haha.

love it.

Lori said...

Wow that turned out great. GO MIKE!!!

Brya said...

Wow, you are amazing! that turned out so great, I love it. I always want to do stuff like this.

Liz said...

O.k. Mike MUST teach me! I want to re-do my kitchen table and chairs. It looks amazing!