Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

 This year was probably one of my most favorite Thanksgivings ever!  I really focused on making it special and meaningful and to my complete surprise it worked! 

I got up early that morning and read scriptures, really pondering all the great things I have in my life, big and small.  Once the rest of the family got up we said our grateful prayers and got to work on this little tree here.  We all thought of the top five things we were grateful for, wrote them down and stuck them up.  It was such a great start to the day, it really set the tone beautifully.
Here is what our modest little table looked like. 

I have never been one to be into nice settings and things but I think I wouldn't mind now to get some nice settings for occasions such as this. Yes, we ate on paper plates and drank out of paper cups.  I had little prep work to do that day because it all had been pretty much done the days before and clean up was a breeze.  I didn't feel stressed at all.

It was just our little family together.  We did crafts,played a few games and watched lots of movies.  I LOVE my little family.  I have so much to be thankful for! 

1 comment:

Janie said...

That is just awesome!!! Your modest table looks beautiful. Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving. Miss you.