Sunday, January 1, 2012

Family New Year's Eve Party

 I thought it would be fun to do snack foods for bringing in the New Year.  Lay them all out and we could just pick throughout the night.  I really should do this more often because I didn't hear one dinner complaint or "I'm still hungry", it was great!  A little meat, crackers, cheese, veggies, and fruit.  Topped off with a little homemade sheet cake. 

I try to do stuff we normally don't do to set special nights apart, so I suggested to eat in the living room on a blanket.  Not the best idea, but we persevered and attempted to talk to the kids about goals and why we make them. 

I think after Carson kept doing summer salts on the blanket and Morgan was flipping her hair into every one's dinner plate I kind of started loosing my patience.  Then add a heavy dose of Cole's stunts into the mix and I ended up with a full scale, mini, melt down. 

Carson had just got into trouble by dad, and I was threatening everyone within an inch of their life to leave their party hats on and just look at the camera.   (I had another picture that would really convey what was actually going on but I want to look back and remember the "happy" times.)


We all had a brief time out and came back together to eat some cake.  Cole had gone to his room to whip up this quick apology note, which won me over very quickly!
Carson soon recovered from his crying fit and was happy again.
And Morgan totally enjoyed the cake and then decided to jump onto the "I'm sorry bandwagon" too. 

It was a good night.  We made it through and it was still fun.  The kids made it to 11:30, but I was out by 11. 

1 comment:

Janie said...

Great pictures! I am cracking up because I can see the annoyance on your face and the faked happiness on everyone else's!! That is awesome. Looks like a fun night. Love your set up. We were so much more boring than you guys. One day we will put on a real party.