Thursday, January 12, 2012

Inspired for 2012

 I always get so inspired and motivated with a new year.  I just want to attack all my bad habits and just become the person I want to be RIGHT then!  I know this is very unrealistic and the becoming is in the process, not the destination.  With that said, that is why I am approaching things differently this year.....Baby Steps is my new motto.. not burn out!!!

I am not going to throw myself into a thousand different things and hit burn out in three months.  I am going to eat an elephant (as the saying goes) one bite at a time.  My focus areas: routines- morning and evenings, not only mine but the kids too, organizing and beautifying, spirituality, time for me, and time for family fun.  And of course budgeting! 

For lack of time, I am only showing my small successes with the organizing part.  I can't express how gratifying it is to make something more functional.  My "zone" this week is the kitchen.  So I sat down and thought what gives me the biggest headache about kitchen stuff and it was my pots and pans mess.  I hate bending and digging and shoving and cussing. So I got online and looked at what options were out there and found this!

 These were from Home Depot and cost $20 each. I love them so far!  I don't have to dig around anymore and I feel so organized and I think it looks organized too!

My cabinets present some challenges.  First, they are super small and second there is a gas line that goes down the middle.   This shelving was cheap compared to what is offered online but I would rather start out cheap and see if this set up will work and then once they wear out get good ones instead of drop the cash and realize I don't like the system.
 By doing this small thing I freed up TWO drawers!  Instant gratification. 
 I felt so good I kept going and did this little drawer.  I got the idea off a site and really thought it was clever.  I have never grouped such items together before but to me makes perfect sense.


This horror is next in line.  I hope I can make some sense of these.  If nothing else knowing I posted these pictures online and need to show that I did remedy this dilemma will be just the motivation I need to finally tackle this pantry job!
Here are the books that I am consuming slowly.  I have already read "Sink Reflections" and can not say enough about this lady.  I am very inspired by her and she is the one that taught me about home zones!  I'm reading a few of the others now and am loving them! 

Thank goodness for smart, inspired, creative, wonderful and caring people who write and share so I can benefit and improve! 

2012 is going to be great!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Funny how that last paragraph completely describes how I feel about you and your blog!! Love the organization. I feel the same way about the new year. Our accomplishments so far are HIGH shelves in the garage and a coat rack. Who knew a coat rack could bring so much joy?? Keep up the good work!

Katie said...

You definitely fit in the category of smart, inspired, creative, wonderful, caring people! I am always inspired by your blogs and constant desire to learn and improve.
Thank you, as always, for sharing!

Janie said...

You are a inspiring lady Cylee. So it has been a while since you posted this (because I am a slacker), so my question is, are you still liking the system? You kitchen is looking nice and organized! I love the picture of your books. I need to get back on the bandwagon of reading good, uplifting books.