Wednesday, November 7, 2012

He lost...

I don't want to be all in the dumps about the election but I am just beyond disappointed!  I was really hoping that we could get our country going in the right direction again.  I am so thankful for my faith in times like these...there is a reason and a plan and I just have to have faith and hold on.

Yet, when I look at the numbers today and see that he won in the popular vote too I am amazed!  If I did not have a basic understanding of the history of our country and a basic understanding of our Constitution I might be swayed today and ask  myself, "Am I on the wrong side of this thing?"  but because of my basic knowledge I can say with confidence that I am not. (Reading the 5,000 Year Leap by Cleon Skousen is so educational!)

With that said it leads me to really worry that so many people (the majority now) either have no understanding of our history and Constitution so therefore they are voting in ignorance to our LAWS or they know and they don't think it applys to us anymore.

 Either way it spells   T-R-O-U-B-L-E!    So what am I going to do to not go crazy?  Action is usually the best medicine for me. I feel I need to focus in the following areas:

1.  Spirituality: what is a basement of food going to do if I can't hear the Lord directing us on what to do or where to go, or who to help.  He has a plan for us and I need to make sure I am in tune with that plan.   Plus, the peace that comes with being close to Him is so much better than the panic I feel when without Him.  

2.  Food:  The greatest return on any investment right now is on food and we all know that's going to continue going up.  Who wants to hear their babies say they are hungry?

3.  Skills:  Continue to fine tune skills that I feel will benefit my family and friends in times of scarcity and hardship.

Here is to another four years.........


2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow...I am a slacker! YOu have been a busy blogger and I have missed out!
I love all the family pictures from vacations and visits. What a beautiful family!

We are sad right along with you on the outcome of the election. Moving forward with faith in Christ is what we must do. I love your resolve. YOu are an inspiring and motivation woman. I can see you writing books and giving motivational speaches at some point in the future. In the mean time...you are inspiring and uplifting many of your friends and aquintanances. Thank you for always finding a bright side!

Audra said...

I am upset too at the results! If the majority of the people voted against what I think was a good candidate and a morally good person then what can be said about the people of our country? Where is this going to take us? Of course I remember saying the same thing when Clinton was elected!! I am grateful for my faith as well. I know that lots of good has come and will continue to come from Romneys campaign. There is a great plan and I can't wait to see how it all works out!