Saturday, May 4, 2013

My First Women's Conference

This was my first time going to Women's Conference and it was my first time on the BYU campus. Can I just say I LOVED it!  First of all, the campus is gorgeous.  Its almost like the temple grounds.  And I can't believe how big it is.  I loved being up there.  It kind of made me regret graduating from the college I went to.  O-well.

I attended both days and was able to get a hotel!  (Thank you, thank you, thank you, my little, honey!)  The first day was a little overwhelming because of being clueless to what I was getting myself into but by the second day I felt I had it down.

Things to remember for next year:

1. Try and pick my classes closer together.
2.  Pay more attention to the schedule and don't assume functions will go on both days.  ( I.E. Sharing stations I totally missed out on!)
3.  Work on one of the service projects while there.  
4.  If I am going to run between classes pack lighter.
5.  Pack plenty of snacks to eat on the go.
6.  Stay in hotel for two nights instead of one.
7.  Bring a friend.

I can't even begin to say how much I walked away with.  It was so uplifting and I have lots to ponder on and pray on.  I can honestly say my testimony was strengthened in so many ways.

Liz if you are reading this so glad you were there to be my guide and show me the ropes.  It was fun being with you again!

Wow, is all I can say.  I am counting down till next year!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

How FUN that you got to go! I have never been, but I know my mom has gone with her sisters and absolutely LOVED the experience. Having gone to BYU, I remember seeing the mobs of women scurrying around to their classes and getting a kick out of it back then. Makes me want to be back on campus. If I ever do make it, I want to be one of the friends you go with!

Liz said...

Thanks Cylee! I loved that we met up for WC!! It was so fun hanging out with you! I am so glad you loved it as much as I did. BTW, I am sorry that I completely forgot to offer you a mint brownie when I saw you before the closing session! I was going to and then forgot! So here's one more thing for you list next year *eat a mint brownie! Love you!

Cylee Pressley said...

Oh Lindsey I would love that...to go with ya! Lucky lady to go to BYU!! I bet it was awesome.

Liz..dont u worry. I got me a 4 pack of them and loved every bite!