Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Entertainment Center

 This is a picture of what our living room looked like before...before I painted, before I cleaned, just before the magic happened!  I have been following a blog for awhile now and I swear everything this girl does I copy she can be found here.  Love, love, love her! I got the idea for the entertainment center from her.

 So step 1 was to buy some Ikea bookcase, 5 in total, and put them together.  I wish I would have added wallpaper like Jen did but I went with a gray spray paint instead.  (I will change that later!)
 Step 2 screw them together, put a top on them and add molding to make it look a little more custom.  Please take note of the new house color in the back.  No more tan!  Hallelujah!
 Step 3 add the doors and put my stuff back!  I am not a decorator, never have been.  So I have a HUGE learning curve to overcome...but this project was really great and I love the lighter, cleaner look than the previous.
 It is so fun to make a space prettier, more functional, and doing it for a good price is always something to smile about for me!

So this little project has taken some time but has been lots of fun.  But the problem with projects they lead to other projects...

3 comments:

Candy said...

Love it!!!
Great job!!!

Lindsey said...

This looks amazing! I love the light colored walls with the crisp white entertainment unit. Nice work! You are much better at accomplishing projects. I almost have those chairs done that I thought I would finish in a day a month and a half ago...and haven't even started on the table....ugh.

Liz said...

Oh! I love it! you are making me regret the entertainment center we just bought! Oh well! Awesome job!