Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mother of Three...What Did I Do???


It is crazy to me that I have 3 kids now. My life has definitely changed. (I'm still deciding if its for the good:) I have to say that I have a new respect for mothers with more than two children or any children for that matter. Motherhood is not a walk in the park. This adjustment has been difficult but I know it will get better. Morgan is a doll and I am really enjoying her . She is 5 weeks old now.

I love babies with big flowers in their hair, especially this one.

A lot has been going on in my world. Just to give an update. My sister Cassie had her baby. They named her Bella and she is adorable. I am so happy that Morgan will have a cousin her same age. And I am so proud of Cassie she is an awesome mother and my favorite sis.

My parents have come and gone. There visit was wonderful as usual. Cole and Carson just love to have them. Grandpa Randy can get them going like no one else. They were given the story of the "belt" when he was here. I loved every minute of it. Of course mom spoils the baby by always wanting to hold her but it was a nice break for me. The boys just adore following there Grandma around where ever she goes and harassing her. It was a great visit...we miss them.

I have to say with all my hormones going array, my two boys at each other constantly and with the economy crashing like it has I have been under some fair amount of stress. So when conference came it was such a breath of fresh air for me. I have to admit I am chicken little when it comes to the economy. I don't believe in the strength of the system or our government right now. I do error on the side of pessimism towards where this great nation is headed but conference reminded me of the great plan of happiness. I found great wisdom in the stories that were shared and was inspired again of how wonderful the gospel really is. I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful that I know even though family life can be difficult that is where we will find out greatest joy. So I have three kids now and I jokingly titled this "What did I do"... I know what I did and I pray that I can raise them up in Christ.

7 comments:

Tressa Card said...

cylee, The flower looks adorable, good job!! I am glad we had a few minutes to chat the other day. Anytime you want to talk I love our afternoon conversations!

Have a wonderful week

The Carter's said...

you are definetly my favorite sis too! i just wish we lived closer!! morgan is so adorable! just want to sqeeze her and give her big kisses! love ya tons

Candy said...

Oh my sweet friend, you just hang in there. I remember when Davis was about six-seven weeks old thinking the same thing! Thinking, how on earth do people ever have more than three kids?! I felt very overwhelmed with how many directions I was being pulled. I wanted to give each child attention and snuggle with the baby, and have a clean house, and have my pre-pregnancy body back, and make good dinners, etc. Karen Hyde told me it takes six months to get used to having three kids, and that was about right for me. So give yourself time, you are in an adjustment period. Pray for patience, and be diligent in what you need to be doing, and everything will be ok. Morgan is such a doll and I can't wait to meet her! I too am freaking out about the economy...at least your husband has a job. I pray that mine will even be able to get one! haha!
love you!

Annie Jane said...

Cool post, it is nice to just read a little part of your mind right now. Your thoughts and concerns and gratitudes are all so very relevant. Thanks, Cylee!

Jaime said...

What sweet pictures of little Morgan! We are so excited to finally meet her in a few weeks.

I promise the adjustment to 3 kids was a challenge. But they say after that it's smooth sailing, ha ha...I'll let ya know how that one works out!

Silence Paine said...

Cy,

Love the new post. Your little Morgan is a doll. Hang in there and keep up the good work. I have so much respect for you. You are a great example.

Love ya man!

Paul

PS - Corene thinks that Morgan looks like little Cole.

Anonymous said...

Cylee, well played with all the stress and worries. I admire you guys a ton for having kids and handling everything so well.

I really don't know about our economy either. We really need a new posse' on capitol hill to get things back on track right?

I hope we can all get together soon! I miss everyone a ton!

ps. I appreciate your comments on my blogs. I know they're probably a little boring, but I try to keep them controversial enough to get some discussion and interest!