Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Wonderful Man

Michael is such a good man. I have known him for 9 years and have been with him for 7. (Married for 6 years, 2 months and counting.) He is the type of man that is kind to all and will do anything he can to help you if you need him to. He is one of the hardest workers I know and does little, if any, complaining. He is so easy going and is fun to be around. With this said alone I am proud of him but there is so much more to him.




Michael is a father of three and loves his kids. He shows this to them by wanting to be with them. He is interested in what they are doing and what they have to say. He helps with the discipline, which I believe you do if you love your kids. I think at times he is much better at it than I. He takes the time to explain and talk with them about how to act. The boys love their dad and look up to him. Cole is always reminding me that I don't have the "power" like daddy. I find it very cute how they look up to him and admire all he does. In their eyes he can do anything and that makes me so happy. It means so much to me that he is such a great father to our kids.


At the end of the day I am sure the last thing he wants to do when he comes home is change a dirty diaper, or bath the kids, or help me clean up the house, or even make dinner because I have some excuse for not doing it that night but he does . It amazes me how he can do all that he does and not complain and get upset. He is defiantly my better half.
I am thankful I never have to worry about whether or not he will come home at night or if he is out drinking. I am thankful he has the same values as me and we are going to raise our kids that way. When I take the time to reflect on all he does and all he does for me I just want to give him a big hug. I love my wonderful man!


6 comments:

Candy said...

what a very sweet post! Mike is such a nice guy and has helped us out numerous times! He is very giving and always thinks of others. He is funny and calm too. You are lucky to have a husband who does all those things! I love Ryan and think he is great too, but I don't remember the last time he bathed the kids, or did the dishes, or changed a diaper, or made dinner. But every marriage is different and I know that.
Hope you are fairing a little better with three kids than you were on your last post. It is so up and down huh?!
Cole looks SO old in that picture on the sidebar! wow!

Erica said...

That was very nice of you to put that up...I am not going to show Jeff..he will want to know why I don't write about him that way..:)

You are blessed...

love you..xoxoxo

Adalia said...

What a nice post! Nate and I really appreciate all of Mikes help with different things for us. Its nice to know that we have the two of you as friends here in town, its very comforting to us. We love you both very much. Again, great post.

Ben said...

Champion. You are both stellar examples. Cheers. Those are definitely qualities that make a good parent.

Annie Jane said...

Cool post. So true. I too, am lucky to have a good, uncomplaining, wonderful dad husband. I like your sidebar stuff, too.

Johnny said...

What a wonderful husband you have and what a wonderful wife you are to write such nice things. To comment on your question Cylee we are doing very well and staying busy. We are still getting our feet wet on our blog but we are getting there. Hope to talk to ya soon.