Saturday, January 24, 2009

Morgan's First Four Months

It is absolutely amazing to me how fast they grow. Here she is only a few days old. My little newborn! I think it has been such a joy with her because she came to me at a good time in my life.

Cole he was my first, so I had all sorts of anxieties of whether I was doing this or that the right way and whether I was accidentally going to break him. (I had zero experience with kids before Cole.) So his baby days I was somewhat anxious all the time. And sweet little Carson was a Big surprise. I got pregnant with him when Cole was 10 months. So Carson's baby days I had to share because Cole was still a baby.

With Morgan I had no worries... this was my third round and I felt good about the space between her and Carson and confidant in my ablities to take care of her.

This is when she was one month old. The days of sleeping all the time, only to wake up to eat. I am thankful that babies do that. It makes the transition smoother to me.

Here she is at two months. This is a special picture because this is her blessing day. Michael gave her a beautiful blessing that day. I could not have asked for a better one. Her Grandma Pressley bought her blessing dress, which she looked so precious in.


I love this one. Three months old and developing lots of personality.


And this is her currently....4 months old. We moved her to her own room now and I am only getting up with her 1 - 2 times a night. I look back on the last four months and see how they have flown. I am happy kids grow up but I hope I can be one that lives in the moment and enjoy them for where they are at. For I know soon I will look back with longing and wish for days that are past. But I hope when I do that I don't do it with regret. So maybe I should implement some prevenative measures of a little less yelling and ordering them about and more playtime and laughter.



7 comments:

Silence Paine said...

Cylee - What a doll! I know what you mean about not wanting them to grow up. We have to enjoy them at each stage while we have them there because they do grow so fast. I guess that even with our kids we have to "count our blessings and be grateful for what we have". I am reminded of the line close to the end of Jacob that says something to the affect of "our lives passed away as if it were a dream". Yes my friend - Savor the moment. PS - Impressive writing skills. :) Keep up the good work!

Jaime said...

Great post Cy! I can't believe how she has changed already. I think we do have to live in the moment and be greatful for our healthy, happy kids and charish the time we have.

Candy said...

what a cutie! I can't believe she is that old already! Good for you for cherishing the moment...the go by all too fast!

The Carter's said...

Oh my sweet little morgan!!!! She is so stinkin cute. I think I see some hair coming in on that last pic!! yay. I know how you feel with cherishing the moments. I wish they would last longer. thank goodness for cameras!!! love ya

Lanette said...

ok, I think I might have to eat your daughter...she is too cute!

Erica said...

She is precious....I am still trying to figure out who she looks like...

These moments do go way to fast...I just registered Keaton for Kindergarten today...Can you believe it...ugh...breaks my heart a little, on the other hand I am excited for him...

Love ya..

DM said...

She is so cute. I agree. I hope I can be the kind of mom that lives in the moment as well because time goes by so quickly and the moments we have with our kids while they are young are so precious. I wish life didn't have to be so crazy so we truly could soak up every minute. But I will take whatever I can get! :-)