Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tribute to Carson

This is Carson on his 3rd birthday. Holding one of the things he loves dearly....a Thomas the train. He loves to pack around his trains and cars and tracks in a little brief case and set up shop where ever he is. If you look closely in the picture you see he has a scratch under his eye. (I'm so thankful it didn't touch his eye.) Surprisingly, this is not a war wound inflicted by his brother. This was something he did all on his own.

Carson has always been a little more accident prone than Cole. Even when Carson was little he was always hitting his head on something. He's a little toughie though.

Here is Carson with his cousin Maddox and Cole. Carson and Maddy get along okay. Granted they don't spend a lot of time together because of distance but it was interesting to see how they played together. I think Cole and Maddy get along better than Carson and Maddy. What do you think Cass?
Carson has always been sensitive and gentle. However, I see the gentleness fading a little as he is getting older. He likes to wrestle with his brother now that he can hold his own. And instead of him getting picked on all the time by Cole, its starting to be the other way around.


Here is a picture of us bowling a few months back with some of the boy's friends. It was fun to get together with our friends and all bowl together. Well, the kids bowled and us mothers "tried" to visit amongst the mayhem.
Carson loves to play with his friends. Some of them are Olivia, Felicity, Drew, TJ and all the other kids in nursery with him. In fact, I just asked him who are his friends and he named Maddy, Megan, Kylie, and Ashley too. He loves his cousins.


This is the boys on Christmas Eve in their new PJ's. I think they had a great Christmas. We didn't go crazy but it was still really nice. Carson is really in the habit of getting in these funny poses when its time for pictures.
It is so fun and scary for me to watch him grow. Fun, in that I get to relive through him (and Cole) what it was like to be little again. Its the little things that excite him and that's a good reminder to me. Plus, all the crazy stuff they say because they really don't know any better. When I am not mad at him I can actually laugh at it.
Scary to watch him grow because he is growing up really fast. Scary because I have to teach him so much before he is out of my care. Scary because one day he won't be little and will move away.
But for now he is still my little Carsonator and I love him very much. I am so proud of the little boy he is and look forward to watching him turn into a young man.



4 comments:

The Carter's said...

I think they all got along pretty well. but I do think that cole and maddy got along better. He is such a cutie. I miss the little ones. cant wait til the day we live closer. loveya

Silence Paine said...

Cylee - You are a great mom and it's cool to see you doing such a fabulous job documenting your family history. Keep up the good work. You're kids are beautiful!

Ben said...

Carson I like trains too pal. My favorite train is called the Eurostar and it goes UNDERWATER!!!! It's really fast and it takes you from London all the way to Paris! Someday you'll probably get to go on it.

Well, maybe someday we can hang out and get to know eachother better, but until then just remember I'm the coolest dude in the world, save maybe your dad. He is much sneakier then me I'll give him that:)

Liz said...

Hi Cy! I love checking your blog as well! Man Carson is soo cute! And the spitting image of Mike!