Saturday, June 20, 2009

My 5 Year Old!

Cole is now 5...I can't believe it. I remember when he was a baby and I would have friends with 5 year olds and think "Wow, they have older kids." Now I have a older kid too! The funny thing is he is not really that old now that we have arrived at this stage.


He had a good birthday. The two things he wanted (besides the big fancy car which is too much money) was a magician costume and a garbage can. I have never heard of a kid wanting a garbage can before but hey, I am not going to complain because that is totally affordable.


We spent his birthday in Utah at a hotel with his Uncle T.J and his family and his Grandma Pressley. We went to Utah to knock a few birds out with one stone. It was the blessing of TJ and Jaime's first boy! We were happy to go and show our love and support for such a special occasion. Also, Elaine had come up to spend time with the family so it was a perfect time to see her again. It was at a hotel because that is where TJ has been living while waiting for their home.


It was a great time. The kids had a blast. Here is a picture of Megan with Morgan. Kylie, Megan and Ashley are such great girls. They are so eager to hold and help out with whatever they can. Kylie was so good to us while we were there. She watched Morgan and the boys a few times while Mike and I went to the temple and ran some errands. I wish we could be closer to family at times but I know there is a reason for things as they are.


I wish I got a better shot of Jaime, TJ and there new little one. They are a good family. And Kaden is sure cute.





2 comments:

Janie said...

The garbage can thing is hilarious!! Where did he put it? I wish you would have gotten a better picture too of the baby. I'm glad you are posting again

The Carter's said...

Happy bday lil man!!!!! You are getting way to big way too fast. We love you!!!! NIce to see some new pics... Love you guys,...