Saturday, November 7, 2009

I MISS Fernley!

Yes, it has been over a month and I am still boo-hooing over Fernley. My pride almost kept me from posting this but I don't care....I miss it. Why must you not appreciate something (people, places, things) until it is gone? I loved it when I was there but I know I could have appreciated it more.

The following pictures are from a going away party that Janie and Summer put together for Jessica and I. It was such a nice gesture. It was held the Sunday before we left. They had food and frames made so people could write little messages to us. It was so so sweet!


I wish I had a better picture of the kids playing (good one Janie j/k) but this at least shows a few of them having fun in the Johnson's backyard. This backyard is so enchanting. It is so fun for the kids and adults to go hang out in.

Here are two ladies that I love very much. Marilyn B. and Deebie R. They were such great examples to me. Debbie was the R.S. president and was so thoughtful and inspiring as a person. And Marilyn was wonderful about sharing all sorts of great information with me. She is the lady to go to about health, pruning, gardening, and all sorts of other subjects.


Tressa, Sherlyn and Anna are in this one. The Maguin girls were wonderful babysitters and had to put up with oh so much with my boys. They were wonderful!
And my dear friend Tressa.. how we could talk about finances, couponing, food storage and more..(but those were our favorite subjects to discuss). Thanks to Tressa, Candy, and Annie when I first moved there they were the ones that I first got to really know. We had weekly play dates at each others house and it was lots of fun.


My Bishop! What a great man. He was so nice. When I think of humble and kind he will always come to mind. I received a lot of great counsel from him.
Trevor is in the background...Tressa's husband. Not only were the women awesome out there the men were great too.


Here was my first friend in Fernley. Marilyn J. This is the lady who's house we are at. Talk about a great example of staying busy and trying new things. She was a great woman with a wonderful husband Kay. They were always so nice to me and my family I will miss them. My boys will too.


I wish I had pictures of all the girls I hung out with so I could write about them all but I only have a few. This is Adelia and she was a good friend. We did the political scene a few times together. We attended a tea party with all our kids in tow when it was freezing and snowing. And we went to a city meeting I think around 5 pm and didn't leave until after 11 pm! We had fun together.


Here is Janie. I probably hung out with her the most in Fernley. We got to know each other because we were visiting teaching partners. When I first meet her I found her very interesting and foreign, meaning different from how I was. She was what I called "granola" if you know what I mean. I have to say that she rubbed off on me big time though....for the better. She has influenced me in ways that I will always appreciate. I will never drink a pop in peace again thanks to her!




Fernley was such a special place. I hope to see all these ladies again one day. I will always look back at my four year stay there with fondness.



6 comments:

Janie said...

Cylee, I can't believe you called me "granola". I'm not sure yet whether or not your post about me was a compliment. :) But I laughed my butt off.

Great post! I really enjoyed reading it.

The Carter's said...

I know its tough starting over....but you will meet new people and keep in touch with the ones that were close to you. You are such a sweet and caring person that you will have new ones in no time. I love you sis im always here for you when you need to chat.... miss you all tons!!!

Michael Pressley said...

Fernley sucks! Im glad we are gone. Especially getting away from Granola Janie!!! Now Shane though, thats a different story. What a wonderful, stong, good looking man he is!!! I think thats why we got along so well...we are so much alike!

Liz said...

How sweet of them to through you a going away party. Fernley was a great place for you. Don't worry, things will get like that again, and you will love it once again. Call me we need to hang out again.

Janie said...

I just read Mike's comments and wanted to say with all my heart, SHUT UP MIKE!!!!!!

Johnny said...

Shana wanted me to tell you that she heard that Utah has the happiest people of all states and she thought that might make you feel better. Shana just told me about monster and we laughed about something but we will have to tell you in person. Sounds like you guys had alot of fun. Are you guys coming for Christmas?