Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Holidays


We had a great snow storm a few weeks ago and that just dumped on us...we loved it. It feels so good to be back to country that reminds me of my childhood. I love the silence of the snow and how peaceful everything seems when it is covered in white.

I also love the holiday spirit that everyone feels. The music that we play that testifies of Christ's birth, the thoughts of service and the focus of the gift that God gave to us makes it just the most special time of year for me. They kids are infused with excitement because of Santa and are constantly wanting to know how many more days. I really try to be patient because I know I did the exact thing to my parents growing up.

We stayed home for Thanksgiving and just had a fun little day with ourselves. We ate good, minus the few mess-ups, and had a sweet little testimony/thankful session that really made it feel good to be with each other.

The next day we went to Idaho to eat my parents left overs and to get the extended family time in too. It was fun!

Here is my beautiful mom with my adorable little girl.

It is so ironic the full circle of life. I am now going through what I put my mom through growing up and she gets to watch.

We had a little get together with my Aunt, Paul and Shana. Shana hosted it and the party was very fun.

We played games, ate, Shana and my Aunt K tried to show me how to knit and then we got into politics. I loved all of it. I usually will leave a place way before my kids get tired just in case of a melt down. This night we stayed until almost all of them were passed out. It was fun.

4 comments:

lowrain said...

Your property looks like Little House on the Prairie. It can feel quite desolate but gorgeous at the same time . How sacred the white snow at first falling! Reminds me of the Temple. Is is good to see pix of you and yours. Merry Christmas Cylee.
Love Marilyn B

Janie said...

Love the snow pictures! Looks so fun. I really like the last picture of you. You look like such the ham you are! I love getting together with family. How nice that you moved closer to that side of your family. Although you moved further from your other family (meaning Shane and I if you didn't get it).

Johnny said...

We were so happy you guys came to see us, we had a great time and would love to do it again. Just let us know when you're ready.

Marilyn said...

So happy to see and hear from you by way of our computers. Fun seeing your family and they are growing up so fast.Special memories of you all living in Fernley. Happy New Year. Love Grandpa Kay and Grandma Marilyn