Monday, December 6, 2010

Its Good to be me Today!

Why you might ask?

Well, two very exciting things happened the past two days. The first being that Cole went up in Sacrament meeting, on his own accord, and bore his testimony! I was so proud of him. We have testimony times at home to get the kids to understand what it is and what it is not. (My definition of testimony = It is not a travel log, not a time for telling random jokes, no life history please. It is a time for declaring what you know to be true and how your belief has increased because you are applying your faith in Jesus Christ by keeping His commandments.) So you can imagine how happy I was to see him so eager to get up and do it for the first time. You could tell he was nervous.. I think I saw him pick his nose for a minute too, but he did great. He got up there and proclaimed his faith in Christ and said some other things I couldn't make out because he was talking so fast, but I was sure happy with him!

The second exciting thing...I got a job working for the school board out here! I am super excited and it does not take me away from my family. I attend a meeting once a month and then do clerical duties here at home. I am very happy for two reasons with this...the first is that it has a little money with it (and that is always welcome this way) and the second is that I am completely interested in the education system and how it works. The people that I will be rubbing shoulders with are AMAZING women and I look forward to learning a lot of great things.

And to conclude this post I want to update and state publicly that I kicked my caffeine/energy drink addiction. I got off it a few weeks after I posted about it. All I have to say about overcoming and facing obstacles in life.. all you need is a plan and the Lord involved and ANYTHING can happen! (Please remind me I wrote this when I call one of you crying and complaining about a challenge I have.)

Life is good and I am blessed!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome job Cole!
Such an uplifting fun blog! Glad things are going so well!
Congrats on your new job!

Brya said...

You are blessed! And we are blessed to kow you.

Candy said...

glad to hear your good news! Good job Cole! And I know you love the job, anything that deals with being organized....well, it's right up your alley. :)
Miss you. You are gorgeous and you look like your mom. What a pretty woman.
And good job for kicking the caffeine kick! i'm proud of you.

did i say that i miss you? :)

Janie said...

Several things,
1. It is always great to be me! :)
2. I also pick my nose when I bare my testimony. Isn't that normal?
3. I wonder where Cole got fast talking from?
4. That is AWESOME that he bore his testimony!!!
5, That is AWESOME that you got that job!!!
Congrats on all accounts. Life is good. I spend most of my day wishing I were you. :) (wink wink)