Saturday, December 4, 2010

PEACE in being PREPARED

For those that know me they know I am a little passionate about being prepared and unfortunately (or fortunately, I am not sure yet) I have gotten even more passionate of late. All indications of a smooth ride into the future are lacking right now...for me I see massive storm fronts taking shape and ready to smash into our calm shores of life. If ever I start to doubt my own internal alarm sounding my mind reminds me of what our prophets have said in the past. Here are a few oldie but goodies that come to mind:

1. "The Lord has warned us of famines, but the righteous will have listened to the prophet and stored at least a year's supply of survival food..."
Ezra Taft Benson

2. "The time will come that gold will hold no comparison in value to a bushel of wheat."
Brigham Young

3. "The revelation to produce and store food may be as essential to our temporal welfare today as boarding the ark was to the people in the days of Noah."
Ezra Taft Benson

4. "We will see the day when we will live on what we produce."
President Marion G. Romney

And a positive one

5. "We believe that seldom do circumstances arise in which men of rigorous FAITH, genuine COURAGE, and unfaltering DETERMINATION, with the LOVE of INDEPENDENCE burning in their hearts, and pride in their own accomplishments, cannot surmount the obstacles that lie in their paths. "
(Conference Report April 1948, pg.5)

I believe with everything in me that the time to prepare is NOW and not just temporal preparedness but Spiritual Preparedness too. What good does it do us to have the "things" and "stuff" to sustain us but not know what the Lord would have us do or know.

For those who are not actively preparing I would implore you to begin without any more delay. If you have to get up early to read your scriptures because there are to many distractions once you get up, then do it! If you haven't started supplying your family with the things that will keep you alive and not on the streets begging then start even if that means cutting into Christmas or whatever else you put above preparing.

There is safety in keeping the commandments and peace that comes to me when I do it and I want that for all I love and care about.

3 comments:

Candy said...

thanks for scaring the crap out of me.

ok...and for making me remember that I NEED to stock up more!

miss you.

Tressa Card said...

Love your passion for food storage...I'll get on it tomorrow...HAHAHA! Just kidding! We are taking Trevor's next check and just using it to stock up because we too have felt the promptings to store and prepare!

Janie said...

Great quotes!! I love when you scare me into action! :)