Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Annual Idaho Trek

This was the second year that I ran to my parent’s house for a mini vacation. ..It was nice. Again, as always, there was guilt when I left the kids, (why is that?) but I was still able to enjoy the time away. I know when I leave they are in excellent hands with their daddy. (Thank you Mike!)



I got their on a Thursday evening and stayed until Sunday. Some of the highlights were being treated to a nice lunch, working out with my mom, and visiting with other family members.



One of the many things I love about being with my mom is we know how to laugh..and laugh we do!

I hate to admit to this but I really resort to being a dork again when I get around family. I love to mess with my mom especially when she wants to get a good picture. I enjoy watching her reaction to my horrible little antics.




I LOVE the candid pictures where you get weird posses and real smiles. (I get my eyes closing in pictures problem from my mom.)



This little dittie is an idea I got off some blog. They are Valentines bags I made with my mom. The idea is to pull them out on February 1st and let everyone add little nick-knacks to them until Valentine's day. It was fun to do that, and the kids really enjoyed them.



I was able to squeeze in time to visit with a friend from 6th grade! This beautiful little, woman is Jill. I have super fond memories of my time with her...talk about laughing...wow, we would just laugh all the time it seemed. She has got a great sense of humor. I hope to rekindle our friendship, she is a keeper.

3 comments:

Candy said...

Cylee, you are seriously like a little kid, messing with your mom in the photos. I can just see one of your boys pulling a silly face as you try to get a good shot. Too funny. Your mom is GORGEOUS by the way, wow!

what a fun thing to go see your parents for a mini vaca! Love it!

Janie said...

Your blogs always make me feel guilty when you talk about feeling guilty when you leave your kids, because I never feel guilty when I leave my kids and that makes me feel guilty. I'll let you ponder that for a minute.......

It looks like you had a great time. The pictures of you goofig off are hilarious. Your friend is totally cute. Wow, I guess you only associate with highly attractive people!! No wonder we were fast friends!! hahaha.

Lanette said...

I can't compete with the two previous comments! They made me laugh so hard! We have awesome friendsm, don't we?! I'm so glad you had a great time, although, I'll try not to cry myself to sleep tonight that you DIDN'T come to MY house, too! Stinker!