Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bully Problem

We have been experiencing a bit of a problem around the house the last few weeks. What started out as a great relationship has slowly disintegrated into a unhealthy one. Its the same old story we have all heard,

"He is so cute and just a little aggressive at times but I know he means well."

You know, that story. Well, I am ready to admit it....I am totally scared of our rooster named Cole.



Its beyond just a little aggression! He will charge at me and the kids and I hate to admit that I run! Just today I went out fully loaded with my weapon of choice (a rake) and had to swat him off 4 to 5 times! I came in the house totally shook up.

What makes it worse is that Carson and Morgan were with me! So I told Carson to make a run for it and he did, but Morgan wouldn't so I had to pick her up and try and fight off the rooster with only one hand. (And yes, I was screaming for Mike and he never heard me!)

So needless to say,I am a little traumatized by the whole situation and I'm sure I ruined any credibility I had with teaching the kids courage under fire.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Cylee, that is awful! I am ashamed to admit it made me roll with laughter though! :)
So sorry!

Janie said...

You are sooo funny!!! I can picture the whole thing in my head.The funniest part is that it would look the same if it were me!! What are you going to do? should you trade him in?

Jessica said...

Cy,

You are such a cutie pie! I love you so much! Have to admit that after having to take care of a spider for you I am not surprised about a much larger creature. By the way I have been thinking a lot lately about a fun experience you and I shared at the temple...you know what I am talking about. Miss you tons! I am working on getting my game together so that we can get together, I would love to see you. Hope all is well with you guys.