Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Easter 2011

This year's Easter was pretty fun. I wanted to make it more spiritual than it was but that didn't happen. I try to separate the Resurrection from the Easter bunny...at this age that is not always easy to do.

How we have attempted to do that is by teaching them about Jesus Christ's last days starting on Passover Sunday. And that whole week leading up to Easter Sunday we have a quick spiritual thought on what he did on that particular day. So this way it builds up to the miracle of the Resurrection. (This idea came from a fabulous book from Desert Book.) We do the Easter bunny thing on Saturday so we can leave Sunday for the real reason of the day. We were unable to do the whole week deal this year because Michael took me on a surprise vacation. (Later post on that.)

This was the second year we took the kids to Desert Peak on Saturday and let them do the hunt there. Later that day we had the Squires come over and we had our own little inside hunt for the kids here. (Cole chose to not be in the picture and was having a little episode in his room at this point.)



It is so fun to watch the excitement of the holidays on kids faces. I LOVE how Morgan was way into Easter this year.

I could kick myself for not getting an Easter picture of all of us that morning. We were in a hurry and the boys had to go on with out us girls that morning. We were running a little behind. I always underestimate how long it takes me to do Morgan's hair!


She was a vision in her cute little dress and her fuzzy little hair.

That day I was thankful that Christ went through with his hellish last days on earth for us mortals. I was thankful that he was strong enough, loved us enough, and never gave up on us, and finished what His Father sent Him to do. Because of Him I have the family that I do, because of Him I can progress and be better, because of him I can be with my family forever if I live right. What a blessing to know Him and feel his love!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how much older Morgan looks now! Her hair is so long and she looks beautiful in her foofy dress. Poor Cole. These days can be so stimulating for our little ones who tend to already lose control.

Our Easter was also not spiritual. I wanted it to be, but I was almost dead from that stupid breast infection. I still want that book and am vowing to do better next year.

I can't wait to hear about the "surprise vacation"!!!