Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Couples Retreat


Anyone that knows me, knows that I LOVE self-help activities. And this little activity fell right into combining my two loves....self help and Michael! He was sweet enough to go along with me and we invited another couple with us...Brandon and Jeanna.


The day was about learning to communicate and better understand each other. One of the activities they had us do was to blind fold our partner and put them in a game of freeze tag. The partner who was not blindfolded had to communicate to the blind one where to go to get away from the person that was it. That was really interesting and enlightening to see how much I trusted Michael not to lead me astray. I totally trusted him by the way!

So we did activities on the ground for half the day like that and the other half was doing some fun things in the trees!


The giant swing by far was the highlight of the day for me! It was so thrilling to be lifted into the air and then dropped to just swing back and forth until you are stopped. Totally fun and I would do it again 100 more times. (I know the picture does not show that but really I was having a blast.)


Next came the zip tie. This one was very scary! You had to climb forever up this tree and then when you get to the top you have to jump off! It then zips you down the the other end of the enclosure by a line. Very intense...one that I would need to do a few more times to really lighten up. The zipping was fine, the jumping off the stand was the hard part.

It was fun and I would do it all again. There is something so freeing about falling.

Here is my honey after one of our blindfold experiments. I put a blindfold on him and then led him to a tree where he had to feel it in order to distinguish anything that would stand out to him about it, because he had to try and find it without his blindfold on. He did it too!

The biggest discovery I made for the day was just realizing, even more, that Michael really does "have my back". If I can always remember, especially when there is conflict, that he loves me and that if we just communicate we can get out of any mess we are in.

Here is Brandon being wild and crazy and jumping off a little stand to reach a ring that was really far away! This was one that I didn't do. Maybe if we go back I'll have to give it a try. All in all great day.

4 comments:

Janie said...

That just looks awesome! What a great thing to have attended together. I'm glad that you had a great couple to go with you but I am a little jealous!

As time goes on, I miss you guys more and more. Isn't it suppose to be opposite... as time goes on I am suppose to miss you less and less. I miss my dorky friend that likes to talk gospel with me. I still can't find anyone here that wants to talk gospel all day. I need to move by you and Suzie. She likes to talk gospel and bettering herself too.

CYLEE... CYLEE... COME BACK TO ME :)

Candy said...

So fun! And you look great!
The other day Ryan called me "Cylee" because I was on a "kick" and I was so flattered! :)

72 hr kits: getting quite loaded up!
3 month supply: adding more and more each week.

yay!

Jake said...

Cy you are such an example to live by. I love that you are so open to making your relationship better. And willing to take chances even when it seems scary. Thats what it's about. And not to mention that all of the activities look dang fun! So can't wait to see you guys. Love U!

Lori said...

Cylee your blog is so cute and fun to read. Your have such an adorable fun family.
The link on my blog is New life on a homestead. She has fun things on there like how to make shampoo and laundry detergent. I enjoy reading her posts. And the hairstyle one is It's a girl thing.