Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sweet Moments

Constant fighting, tattling, and hurt feelings are a norm around here it seems with the kids. I see it so often that when I see behavior that shows love and concern for one another it is the BEST feeling ever to witness and I want to treasure it always.

So Carson had to get some shots last week at the Dr.'s office to get him ready for Kindergarten. He was very brave about the whole situation until the nurse told him he would have to pull his pants down so she could stick him in the upper leg. At that point the situation deteriorated. It ended with him sitting in my lap crying very loudly and Morgan right by crying just as loudly. She did not like seeing him in pain at all. Once it was over they both settled down but it was sooooo cute to see her in pain over his pain.

Fast forward to today... we had some friends over and they have an older boy that was messing around with Cole and carrying him out to the backyard to throw him in the sprinklers. Once Morgan caught wind of what was going on she went running after them yelling, "Give me my brother", while crying. She was so upset over the situation. The older boy, Jared, pretended to hand him to her and she stretched out her hands ready and willing to carry him back to safety if she had too.

We all got such a kick out of seeing how sweet and protective she was that Jared decided to do it to Carson this time. Same reaction as last, crying and yelling after him, "Give me my brother."

I love seeing sweet moments like that where you see that the kids really do love each other, even though they fight 85% of the time. Ahhhh...the moments I live for.

1 comment:

Janie said...

That is so sweet!! I love that. I think Reece would have said "make sure you throw her hard into the sprinklers!" about Olivia. We will have to test it out :)