Monday, November 14, 2011

Round 4

Michael and I found out a few weeks back what we are having.  I am very sad to type its a boy, but not as sad as I was when I first found out.  I am warming up to the idea.  I never thought I was having a girl I JUST WANTED A GIRL!  But alas, it is not to be. 

I am so thankful that I understand that the universe is not out to get me but that I have a wonderful Father in Heaven who knows what I need and what is best for me and my family.  He seems to think it is a boy and I will not argue with that. 

I am almost 23 weeks along and have gained around 10 - 12 pounds and am feeling really good.  I am really starting to show and it won't be long now before I will be forced to put maternity clothes on.   I am still rigging my current clothes to make it work but even that is getting uncomfortable.  I had a little girl tell me in church yesterday that everyone knows I am pregnant now.  I asked her why and she replied, "because you are so big now and its just going to get bigger."  Such sweet little children...I remind myself.

I pulled out all the baby stuff last week and washed them and set them up.  I think this is the earliest I have done this but I like it.  I think it helps me visualize and see that very soon we will be having another one...plus, I think it helps the kids transition better too.  Instead of hitting them with a lot that last few weeks they will have plenty of time to get used to all the baby paraphernalia laying around.

The kids are doing so good.  Cole and Carson are both pulling all A's and loving school.  I am so pleased with them and how they are developing.  Morgan is starting to get a little more feisty but she still shows so much love and affection that its okay. 

5 comments:

Janie said...

Congrats! I know you were throwing female vibes but you are a great little boy mommy. Then Morgan can feel special that she is the only girl. Whatever that baby is, it will sure be one thing...CUTE!! you make them beautiful!

Mike P said...

I hope that new little boy never has to read how his Mom was sad when she found out that he was coming to our family...I cant wait for this kid. Its been a while since a little baby has graced our home and it will be nice to have one here again. First baby born in Utah.

Lanette said...

I was the same when I found out we were having another boy!! Our poor kids, when they ask how we felt when we found out they were boys!! Fortunatley, my heart pulled through and we couldn't love this little BOY more...and I'm sure you'll feel the same once that little fella is here.

In the meantime, enjoy all the sad feelings when you stroll through Target and the only cute outfits are for GIRLS! That about killed me!

p.s. Nice one, Mike! Hope you got a good laugh out of that one, Cy!

Adalia Redd said...

Congrats guys!! Its been forever since I have seen your blog and oh my word you cute kiddos are so big! Miss you all! Love ya
Adalia

Katie said...

Congrats!
I completely understand the sad at first feeling. I SO wanted Rachel to be a boy! I almost started crying when they told me I was having a girl. :) Of course I wouldn't change little Rachel for the world now!
Morgan will go on being the princess of your palace!