Thursday, June 28, 2012

Supreme Disappointment

I have stepped out a bit of watching, listening, talking, and thinking (obsessing) about our political environment and today’s ruling just reminded me why!!!!  The highest court in our nation with a “conservative” judge at the helm voted in favor of ObamaCare!  I am speechless…I know we are suppose to be filled with hope and optimism but watching this country be destroyed by both parties is just heart breaking. 

I don’t want this ruling to make me become apathetic. …it’s hard not to feel like we can’t do anything so I minds well check out.  I guess it just comes down, as usual, to worrying about what I can control and I can’t control this train wreck we call our “leaders” right now.  And I can’t let this huge blow to our FREEDOMS get me all stressed out! 

I need to still go out and vote. I need to still have hope in our future.  I need to still teach my kids this form of government in its original intent is the most beautiful and wonderful on this earth!  I need to still and ALWAYS have faith in God and know that he is in control even if it feels like there are bullies at the wheel. 

Most of us don’t sit on the benches and make decisions for our nation, or have positions that sway those with power to do what we want, but we do have FREEDOM of CHIOCE..we can choose to stay at home in November or we can choose to vote.  What do we choose to do with our personal freedoms we so enjoy right now?  Squander that small step and stay home in November, or have a clear consciences and go vote. 

2 comments:

Liz said...

I hear you sister! It's hard to be optimistic of our nations future when you hear news like that.

Janie said...

This was a hard one not to get down about. I don't like it but I understand how our youth of today do not know much about the history of our country and how we got to where we are at but our older leaders who are educated should know better than to throw our freedoms in the toilet. It is heart breaking. It cuts me to the core with sadness. I can't even stand to get on Facebook right now and read about all the people who think this is a victory. Don't they see that it is a choice to care for people who can't help themselves but when the government forces it on us it is no longer a freedom. We all had the choice before to help care for our loved ones and donate to causes but now we have less choices.

I could go on all day. I wondered if you would have something to say about this.

Miss you! I may be coming your way soon! I will be in touch.