Friday, June 29, 2012

Thoughts on my 8 year old


So Cole Michael turned 8 on June 8th.  (I need to post pictures on that!) I can’t believe my oldest is 8!  To me that is getting into big kid territory.  I always thought this day would be so far away and here it is.  I think the reason it seems like he is entering a different, bigger, phase is because now he gets baptized and he becomes a cub scout! 
I look at him and see his long legs and bigger teeth coming in and I’m amazed that he is transforming right in front of my eyes.  He is such a witty, funny, smart, spit fire of a little boy. 

We have been trying to get him baptized for a few weeks now and due to illness it didn’t happen when we had hoped.   (Again, another topic to blog about later when I have the energy to reminisce on that horrible week and a half.)  But the big day is finally tomorrow! 

I am so excited and hope it all goes well. 

No comments: