Saturday, June 23, 2012

Life....

Sometimes I like life and sometimes I don't.  Over the past few months it has been really great and really bad all mixed into one.  Isn't it crazy how one day or week you can have everything together...the cooking, the teaching the kids, the shopping, the cleaning, the staying on top of the house, feeling good about yourself and then the next you don't have anything together and you are left wondering why you are even trying because there is too much!!

I have to say that I am sure my good days have out numbered my bad days but man, those bad days have been bad!  Thank goodness things always change! Thank goodness for friends, family and the good things in life to pull you out. 

Its fascinating to me when I am sucked into a bad mood, that if I really put effort into looking at what I have to be thankful for instead of rehashing in my mind whats bothering me, my attitude can rise a little bit.  There really is magic in finding gratitude for the small things in life. 

With all that said, I wish (childishly) I could avoid pain, trouble, drama, conflict,hurt and all that negative stuff that comes with this life and just be constantly and consistently happy... not gonna happen in this life but its still fun to think about.

2 comments:

Janie said...

I'm with ya man. When life feels bad just remember you are and have always been an inspiration to me. Keep trekking and teaching me about life!

I hope I didn't help bring you down! Sorry if I did.

Cylee Pressley said...

Thanks man!!I wish I had something to teach I'm stuck learning the same lessons over and over again...ahhhh! Hope your life is going smoother and hope you and the kids can have a great summer! Miss ya ALWAYS!