Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Time

 This year we made the trek to Idaho.  My family has had some pretty major stuff going on and we thought it would be best if we all came together to show our love and support of each other.  So glad we did because it was fun!

 My little Tatum is so precious.  He is such fun to have around.  I want him to grow slowly.....very slowly.
 I loved this picture of mom.  She made a fabulous feast and it was a beautiful layout.

Why is he so happy doing the dishes?   
I thought Mike and I were going to get a great shot but we got photo bombed by the turd in the background!  We laughed and laughed at this ....so I guess it was a good shot despite the crazed person in the back!

We are short on pictures of this trip because the next day sickness hit!  It started with Tatum and went through all of us, but Mike, in a 24 hour period.  Horrible...yes!  We took off the next day after Tatum had been throwing up and Morgan.  So glad we did.

Shana was kind enough to take us all in and I felt terrible we all got sick at her house!  Love you Shana Jean...thank you again.

Despite this sounding like a bad ending there is a silver lining to this.  In the midst of all of us getting sick Michael stepped up big time!  He cleaned up throw up, got up with kids during the night, made us food, cleaned up around the house.  He was super dad.  I am glad it happened because I really fell more in love with this man!

With adversity there is opportunity for great things!!

2 comments:

Janie said...

I love the photo bomb. I don't know who that is and I laughed when I saw it. I love God family times. How nice Mike stepped up to help out. It does make our men look good when they are willing to get in the yuck and do what we usually would. Sorry you all got sick! We're going through it right now. It's a 10 day-er. Luckily we all got it at about the same time so we should be good for Christmas. You guys look great and little Tatum is adorable!

Janie said...

It should say good family times. Sorry, auto correct!