Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Look Back..

2013 has been a wonderful year!  It did not end on a well note for me, due to 5 days of having a fever in bed, but besides that it was really great!  I love looking back and thinking about what has happened.  And what better way to help you remember than pictures.

I have been organizing pictures from this last year and kicking myself for not staying more on top of documenting the kids.  There is a  face book page called Mitchell's Journey that has really spurred me into being better about documenting. The page is about a father who lost his son to some kind of muscle disease.  I have been following him for 6 months or so and feel so touched by what he shares.  He posts these amazing pictures of his son and writes the most moving thoughts and feelings.  He said once that he is so thankful he never deleted any pictures else he would not have certain memories of his son.

So in light of that thought, I want to put up pictures even if they are not perfect.  I want to put up things that will help me remember my kids and how they are like right now.  The good, the bad and the ugly...these are memories that I will probably give anything for down the road when I can't remember!

 My tater...he is still an angel.  He will be two in March.  He loves to dance and is ready to break out in his little dance moves at any time.  This little boy loves his daddy.   All kids love their daddys, yes, but he will choose Mike over me most of the time.  I love there special relationship. I love to watch it...it makes me very happy.
 My little girl....  Her sweetness is nice to watch.  She is thoughtful, sensitive and I am so proud to call her mine.
 She is ready for school but I am not! So glad there is still lots of time before we have to cross that bridge.
 Mike and I came home from a date night and we found the kids sleeping like this.  Carson is in his bed with a little tower of pillows stacked to protect him...I guess.
 And Cole in the crib with Tatum asleep.  It was cute to see them all snuggled up together.
Kids are so wonderful!  So glad that my original plan in life didn't come true... I would be one kid-less, husband less, lonely woman!

No comments: