Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Look Back Still...on Christmas

Yes, I am squeezing all my 2013 posts in today...or at least going to try.

 We walked around the temple with the Gull family this night.  It was crazy crowded!  The lights were beautiful but the crowd made it hard to enjoy.
 It was really pretty there and this was really neat to see in person.  The season of Christmas is so magical and special. There is no other feeling to compare it to .... I love this time of year.

I attribute the special feel to the season because more people are turned to Christ.  They are thinking of friends and family and how they can make them happy .....is my take on it.  Then there's the anticipation of great things to come with the lead up to Christmas day.

This year we did the Christ Centered Christmas again.  It was special and I hope it teaches the kids the real meaning of the season.
 The kids had just got back from shopping for each other and they are wrapping each other's gifts.

 Doing this is special to me because my Uncle Sam used to take us kids and give us Christmas money to shop for our family.  He was so sweet.  We always got enough to get everyone gifts and something for us while we were shopping.

 They don't keep it secret from each other what they got, but I never did either when I was younger.  As a matter of fact, I still have a small problem with keeping gifts secrets.
 Our traditional Christmas eve PJ's.
 Mike keeps things orderly...I like everyone to just dig in but he likes taking turns.  So here everyone is patiently waiting on Tatum's turn to get over with.

Tatum was really fun this year.  He got so excited with what was going on!  I LOVE Christmas and kids...too much fun.
 I remember my mom always making our PJ's but I have not developed that talent.  So the kids have to make do with store bought ones.
 Here are my beautiful models showing off what was in the boxes.

 I am very thankful that Michael gets me some too....I have made it clear that I want some on Christmas Eve too, and he has always complied.
 This guy is very picky and I am finally getting good stuff for him!  He liked his PJ's too!


 After we opened our Christmas Eve gift Uncle Jake and Jared came over with their friend Rachael and we finished the last nativity piece....baby Jesus.  It was a fun evening!

 So here is what it looked like after Santa came.


 And then here is the crazy Christmas morning. So fun!!
 Everyone was happy with their loot!  As usual we didn't see too much more of the kids this day because they were off.  Mike and I watched Its a Wonderful Life and a few other shows.  Great Christmas spent with the most important people to me!!
Mike took the kids sometime that week of Christmas break to go see frozen.  It was fun seeing their excitement to go watch a movie and get to go see it wearing PJ's.  I stayed home because it was Tatum's bedtime and I could catch up on chores....boo, but it is so sweet doing them in peace and quiet...so I was happy too.

6 comments:

Janie said...

You guys should be PJ models! Victoria Secret is coming for you!;-)

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas season. It is so fun to see the pictures. What a great idea to go to the movies in your PJs. We loved that movie. Did your family like it?

Miss you!

Liz said...

Cylee, I too am doing catch up! But you are doing better than me! You already got your Christmas post up! You go girl! Love the pics! And I love that you put some up of you too! You look beautiful as always! And I love your house! I need to go out and visit you!! I miss you! But in the mean time, love the pics! Hopefully I will get caught up soon.

Cylee Pressley said...

Janie, mike and the kids loved the movie. I want to see it now.

I need to call and chk on you. Hope you are feeling good!

Liz, I can't keep up with the blog anymore it seems. You to hu? When you have a bunch of cute kids running around makes it hard. I would LOVE for you to come out...you are welcome anytime!

Cylee Pressley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quailene said...

You don't know me, but I linked over to your blog from Janie's. I'm just wondering if you would be willing to share what you do for your Christ Centered Christmas. I am always looking for new "Christ Centered Christmas" ideas. If you have the time and are willing to share, my email is quailene@gmail.com

Thanks!

Cylee Pressley said...

Quailene,I am so sorry I have taken forever to respond! I didn't see this until now. I use the book by Emily Freeman titled "Christ Centered Christmas". It is short and broken down into weekly activities that build up to Christmas day. We have used it for 4 or 5 years now and love it..highly recommend it.