Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life Is About Change, Right?

I believe the answer to that questions is yes! Isn't it funny that I can understand that concept in theory but the application of that in the real world is so darn hard.



So we moved!!! It has been in the works since July but it came to fruition the end of September, which was a surprise. The whole process has been highly educational, inspiring, stressful, stressful and stressful. This is something that I have wanted for a long time. And for it to have happened is a major blessing. So it was very surprising for me to all of a sudden have what I wanted and then realize that it would be very hard to go through with it.



I have loved my home in Nevada. I grew so much and made such wonderful friendships. I can not speak highly enough of my experiences there and the people that influenced me.



However, I am now a resident of Utah. Very, very strange. We have been here a month now and I have got my directions down, my grocery stores, been to church , finally got my visiting teaching route, got Cole's school schedule down, and have been visiting with family and a few friends. It is starting to feel a little normal...but it is not what I am used to.



I have learned that change is something that I know is necessary and needed, and for most of the time I think, I welcome it. But the kind of change that takes you out of your comfort zone of friendships, and your normal everyday routine is hard for me. This whole move really made me realize I am not as strong and resilient as I thought I was. I am not saying that realization is bad though. It has been humbling.

I love where I am headed with my new home but I still cloud up over my old one.

4 comments:

Janie said...

Well well well, look who's blogging! It's about time. I want to be the first to tell you that change is NOT good. Just kidding. I'm glad to hear that you are getting settled and even a visiting teaching route! what a big girl you are.

I am going to call you today! Things have been crazy! Keep up the blogging.

Jaime said...

I am with you on change....but it is good for us and makes us stronger. The best part is that at least we have our families close again! We are going to be better this time around too!

Brya said...

I'm really glad you guys are settling in and can get around! We sure miss you guys!

Liz said...

I'm soooooo HAPPY you are here in utah! It was so fun hanging out the other day and I can't wait to do more of it! So glad you are here.