Thursday, October 28, 2010

My 1st Grader



Here is Cole on one of his first days of school. He looks so handsome and SOOO old to me! Cole is a super sharp kid and is doing really good in school. I admire his desire to learn and his ability to catch on so quickly!

It is strange that he is gone all day now. I love the break but it is sad that for a substantial amount of the day my six year old is out of my control. It makes it easier that he likes it and is doing so well but at the same time it's dreamlike how fast time is going. On one hand I appreciate the speed but on the other it is sad that baby days are gone for good with him.

I look at this picture and hope so much for his future and the young man that he will become. My hopes are so high for him, and all the kids actually, and I realize my role as mother, and how crucial I am in teaching and modeling the correct behaviors for these little people! Overwhelming to think that these beautiful little creatures have been entrusted in my care. I am thankful they are mine for a time.

1 comment:

Janie said...

He does look old! What's happening? When they are gone like that so much, it make you realize how crucial the time you spend with them is. I feel like, oh I better teach them the important things when they're home, like gospel principles. You know they're not getting it at school. It is kind of a scary thought.