Thursday, October 21, 2010

Isn't it ironic?


Getting the ground all prepped to plant grass seed. Beautiful isn't it?

Heartbreaking but getting through it.


Just another picture of what it looked liked all tilled and ready to go.
O-well, right? Again I am thankful for my gospel perspective on life. I believe we are not here to get what we want when we want it, although it is very nice when that happens. We are here to be tested and pushed to see how we will behave when the heat is on. I have to say I think I did pretty good with this one. I give myself a 89%.

No grass this year. We will need to till again, and buy all the material again and that will not be happening after the bill we will be getting soon!


On a more fun note this is our chicken coop. (I need to still paint the trim white.) Mike did a great job with this.


We have 16 hens and 1 rooster and I love them! We added 11 full grown ones a few weeks ago. They are not laying consistently yet because of the move..but will be soon I hope. We are getting a couple eggs a day.

4 comments:

Candy said...

oh you and your chickens and goats crack me up! I love it! And that is the cutest chicken coop I've ever seen. Good job Mike.
And I'm so sorry about your stinking broken pipe. How frustrating that must have been. Sounds like you were Mrs. Prepared and things went smoothly on that end. You're my emergency preparedness hero.

Liz said...

Glad to here you are getting through it. When things calm down, we really need to get together! Love the chickens!

Katie said...

Sorry about your broken pipe.

Love the chickens! What a cute coope!

Jaime said...

You have a great attitude and that will carry you through.

We had a great time on our date this weekend...Thanks!

I am still waiting to try some of those home grown eggs!!