Thursday, October 7, 2010

I LOVE my Calling!

I love the church and having opportunities to serve. Granted some callings to serve are not always as welcome as others, but I truly love to serve and help in my community and ward. I don't think I would be who I am now if I had not had all the callings I have had. So I am truly grateful for the blessings I have been given through serving Him.

In some of those calling situations my heart wasn't in it, at first, and I had to get in and start working to start enjoying them more. In my current calling that is not the case at all. I am the emergency preparedness coordinator for our ward and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Not only do I get to talk about preparedness and try and get other people fired up about it, I get to learn more about it myself. What a dream! I am going to get CERT trained and everything.

Is this what I dreamed of becoming when I was a little girl...all crazy about preparedness? No, but I am past feeling weird about being a nut job because it brings me peace in this crazy world!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I can't think of anyone better prepared then you! Perfect calling for sure! You have a way of getting everyone fired up about needing to be prepared! Your passion shines through, along with your fun personality!
Your ward is blessed to have you!

Janie said...

It is the perfect calling for you! I enjoy preparedness but I would not enjoy that calling. But the learning would be wonderful. Just think, if you stayed in Fernley you would have never had this calling! But that is not an excuse! :)

P.S. I would like your calling better than scouts! And yes, I will take your small amount of money. :) My mom will be heading your way on Tue first.