Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Time

There is something special about fall time for me. I love the smells, the feel in the air and the beauty of the changing seasons. Its so nice to be able to enjoy this time of year now that we are really getting settled here.

This time last year we were in high gear with moving and renting and all that stress. I am so glad that time has past.


We are just about ready to put the garden to bed. Mike went out with the kids this evening and came in with this bounty! I am amazed at how good my tomatoes are...I guess the trick really is just lightening up about gardening and not taking it so serious.

Its amazing to see what started as almost nothing became such a beautiful piece of fruit. I am thankful for a kind and generous Heavenly Father who not only blesses me with food but with real life lessons to be drawn from the garden.

I was amazed to find out there is a little apple orchard out here. This was at Carson's preschool field trip. This lady's property was really pretty. She had a huge green house, ducks and a massive garden. It was fun to see and the kids all loved it. (One day my apple trees will look like that!)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Your tomatos and peppers look wonderful!
I am jealous since I live in a forest and am unable to have a garden since there is NEVER any sun light that hits our yard. the wildlife in our yard is unbelievable, they would eat up anything I tried to plant! I am not complaining though!

Janie said...

Show off!....

Just kidding. Everything looks yummy. That orchard looks beautiful! If you can make your property look like that I may come and never leave. Were there any apples left? I love fall.