Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween was fun this year!  We were busy. 
 We kicked off our celebrations this year with going to the zoo a week before Halloween to experience a night tour.  That was definitely interesting and I would do it again.  The kids liked it too.  The highlight was hearing the lions start roaring, which was a little unnerving for sure!  (I LOVE this picture everyone has a cute expression. )
 The following weekend was the Excelsior's trunk or treat for the scholars.  It was held at the drive-in and was FREEZING!  We were lucky enough to get to park by our friends the Anderson's. 
I had to post this of Cole because doesn't it just show such emotion and drive.  I can almost see him saying in his mind "I am going to get so much candy and nobody is going to stop me !"
As a side note he was something different each night we dressed up. 

This is from our ward's Halloween trunk of treat on Monday.   Here is Morgan, our little princess, with her friend Brinley.  Are they not so adorable?!
 Morgan and I trying to stay warm at the ward's party. 
Right after the ward trunk or treat we ran out to our friends house and went door to door with them.   Where we live our neighbors are too far apart so this is not possible.  I think next year we will not do so much candy I am still picking up wrappers all over the place!

We did a ton this year for Halloween and the kids had so much fun. And to me that is really what it is all about. I LOVE my kids and I LOVE the holidays. I hope they can remember the fun we had together as a family. 

And now we get to focus on Thanksgiving and then Christmas!!! Too much fun I can't wait.

3 comments:

Janie said...

These are some of the best pictures you have taken for your blog! I love them. I am with you, Cole's expression totally says, "I am going to get all the candy and no one is going to stop me!" And I would throw in there "get out of my way substandard Halloween goers or I will run you down! (then evil laugh, Mooowaaaah)

Everyone looks adorable. I love it. You look super cute sitting in the back of your car too! I am glad you guys had a great time.

Katie said...

SO fun to see you guys all dressed up. Sounds like you had an amazing time running from one fun event to the next.
Great pictures of the kids and of you Cylee! Love the S.W.A.T. costume on Cole!

Johnny said...

The kids looks so happy. It is neat that you guys are making such nice memories for them. I know they will remember and cherish these times. Paul and I never forgot how special my mom made Halloween for us. Love ya