Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mass Catch Up

Basement Update
 These pictures are not great (phone pictures...boo) but you can see what we did with our basement space. This is the kids workstation.  This is a place where they can play on the computer (when its hooked up), a place to do homework, a place to do crafts...I love it and hope it gets utilized.

 My new favorite place to go is Ikea...wow so much fun stuff there. These adorable little hanging cups are from there.    I love all the neat ways you can organize these days.
This is the beginning of my little work station set up.  I am copying a lady over at Iheartorganizing blog.  She has created in me a desire to really make my house pretty and way more organized.  I have all the pieces and parts for this baby to finish but its talking my hubby into helping me that's holding up the project now. 

Tatum is 4 months in three days!  He is chunking up great and is still an angel baby.  He is now sleeping through the night and I love it! Lots to write up on him later...I am in mass catch up mood.

4-H Update


We did a hike awhile back that was so nice.  I love being only minutes away from the mountains.  Here are most of the kids in our group and they are all great. 

Tatum was so good as usual.  It even started raining on us and he was a trooper still.

Those who did not have hoods got drenched!  As you can see Morgan didn't mind much.

Memorial Day

We took the kids to the cemetery and showed them grave sites of fallen soldiers.  It is really amazing how many people serve our country and sacrifice so much for us.  I am always so impressed and touched by that fact. 

We then went out for a great lunch of burger and fries at a cute place in Tooele. 
Morgan is so fun.  The things she says and does keeps me laughing.  Where do kids come up with there stuff?

The boys.  Cole is into these weird hand signs now when we take pictures. 

Summer Day Camp
This horrible picture is at our library for movie and popcorn day.  We were the first there so the kids all got to sit on bean bags up front.  They were pretty happy.

So this summer day camp idea comes from the Powerofmoms.com.  This is an amazing site full of ideas for moms that uplift and help us in our rolls.  (Again I have so much to say on that site and will have to do it later!)  The idea is this...every day of the week has themes.... Monday is make it day, Tuesday is take a trip day, Wednesday is wet day, Thursday is thinking day, and Friday is friends day.  If the kids complete there chores, school work, and other goals things they are rewarded by doing the fun thing for the day. 

We have not been consistent with it but it is in place and ready to go when I need it and we have been using it. 
Here is Tatum on one of our "Wet Wednesday" trips to the swimming pool.  He likes the water and has been great on all our excursions so far!
We have a good friend who took Morgan to a Princess day in town here awhile back.  When Morgan came back she was on cloud nine!  She is so girly and into all that stuff and it makes me so happy.  

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow! what an update! I love your basement! So... you love IKEA huh? You do know, 5 more minutes of driving and you are at my house! You should stop by next time you go to IKEA. Actually, we should go together! I am in need of some help getting my house organized. I could use your help.