Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Commitment

This year is half way over, to my sheer amazement, and I want to use this half way point to recommit myself to my goals.  I feel very strongly that to just go with the flow of life is to not really live but to just get by.  I don't want to just get by, I want to grow and progress and really see improvement in my life!

Sometimes a thought will resonate with me and leave me pondering on it for days and this was one of those thoughts..."motivation follows commitment".  That has really struck a cord with me for some reason and has got me thinking about whether it is true or not.  I am the type of person that needs to "feel" motivated (you know, be in the mood) to do things that need to get done.  Sometimes waiting around for that gets me in trouble and sometimes trying to find motivation get me in trouble too!  So to think that by committing myself to something is what brings the motivation is a really neat thought!  And you know what ...I think it may be a true statement. 

This was in my little Franklin Covey planning pages for today:

"Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be."

Karen Ravn

That really touched me... 

So with all that has been going on in my mind and marinating I feel the desire to re-commit myself to my goals and maybe even take a look at them and make sure they are the right ones.  I want to be deliberate in living my life not just getting by.  I have six more months to make this year a good one and make and keep my commitments!

3 comments:

Janie said...

As always I love your thoughts and how up lifting they are. Great quotes and thoughts. Someday I am going to sing "you raise me up" to you :).

I love your ending thought that you have only 6 more months to make this year great. What a wonderful way of looking at it.

our fourth looked nice. I love the pictures and you look beautiful! Reece saw the first picture and yelled, "ohhhh she has a baby!" I was cute. We want to come see you guys so badly and keep getting foiled. Maybe someday...

Cylee Pressley said...

Janie thanks..I MISS you too! Please come and see us sometime we would be in heaven if you did. I miss your little butt! We might be coming your way in a few months..I will keep you posted! Take care and will you please post some new material!

Katie said...

First let me say....
Cole, great decission to be baptised. I know Heavenly Father is so proud of that decission!

I have been out of the blog world for too long it appears.
Your 4th of July pictures are beautiful! What a gorgeous family you all are! I can hardly believe how grown up the older 3 are looking. And your sweet baby is so handsome!
PS...your hair is beautiful!!!

Thank you for this uplifting post! YOu should be a motivational speaker. You have such a gift for lifting others. I am blessed to know you.