Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cub Scouts

 This little looker is my new little cub scout.  One of the  many joys of turning 8 is entering into the cub scout program.  I have been excited for this because back in Fernley I was a wolf den leader over the 8 year old boys and I always tried to imagine my boys at that age. Here we are with one of them.
 This was his first pack meeting and he already earned his bobcat!  This is him giving me a pin. Moms get recognized too.
 This pack was the rain gutter regatta (sp).  I have never put together a boat before so I thought I had done a great job with him, until it fell apart in the water.  He was pretty upset with me and was right in telling me I had done it wrong but I was sure that he was wrong...oops!  Thank goodness a friend came to the rescue with an extra boat so he could continue to compete!
 This is intense stuff.. I think next year I will take it way more serious.  Look at their cute little faces putting everything they have into it.
 Morgan was able to play with her best little bud Brinley.  These two together is so adorable!
 Carson managed to keep entertained by climbing a tree.  Look at that big boy.  He is not far behind Cole.
 I was able to thoroughly enjoy a ice cream sandwich that Tater just sat and drooled over..poor little guy.  Maybe I should have given him a bite!
 Mike took all these pictures and just got great shots of the kids that have to be posted because they are so beautiful!
Boy oh boy is this Carson a looker or what?!  He is so handsome and just special.  I need to do a post on that cute space between his teeth.  We have a story to go along with that one!

2 comments:

Janie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures! I just can't believe your family and how much they've grown. You are looking great! You are a great mommy even if you messed up the boat ;)

I am looking forward to Olivia going into Activity Days next year when she is 8. I am hoping Shane does most of the scouting, however, when Owen is older. If I were in your shoes, the boat would have turned out to be a disaster! lol...

Katie said...

How fun to see Cole in action at Cub Scouts!
It is hard to believe how big all the kids are now.
I love blogs! I love that we can all stay semi connected and see eachother and eachothers families as they grow. What a beautiful use of technology!
Great pictures by Mike!
Love the sweet picture of Morgan and her friend Brinley. How cute is that?!!!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my running picture!