Thursday, September 27, 2012

So much to do

 There is so much to get done everyday with the house, with outside, with the kids, with all the activities and groups we belong to ....it can get kinda crazy!  For the most part I think I handle it well, and other times it can really get to be overwhelming....and I can start feeling discouraged.

We have 5 acres that I would love to cultivate and water till it turns green, and get an adorable red barn, and then put white fencing around the whole thing and in sections where we could rotate grazing for the animals.  I would love to be able to organize it and make it beautiful so that it would be dreamy to look at.  However,  due to lack of water, money, and time I can't make it what I want it to be.  I hope one day we can....we all must dream right?
 Here was my corn when it was looking amazing!! Then the hot weather came, I backed off the water and I never could get it to come back.  We had success with our potatoes though!  Having a new baby around really slowed me down and I have to keep reminding myself of that.  I will be more engaged in the backyard next year.
For now he is a wonderful reason not to go outside and work.  He is so special and I can't put into words how much I already love him.  Wonderful, wonderful is what he is.

2 comments:

Katie said...

He is so precious Cylee! What a sweet picture of little Tatum sleeping. Makes me want to say...Ahhhhh!

The picture of your property is beautiful.
It drives me crazy sometimes that life never slows down so we can catch up...but somehow it is made okay as we get to all things in different seasons of our life. Enjoy that handsome bundle you have brought into the world!!! And the other 3 cuties too!!!

Janie said...

Beautiful picture of the back yard and the gorgeous sunset. That baby looks like a good reason to stay inside to me!

You guys are so busy these days. Big family and so much going on. I don't know how you do it.