Tuesday, October 9, 2012

the little things

 Its crazy to me how right my life feels at times...  When I think that I have a husband that loves me and the kids, and makes it possible for me to stay home I just feel so overwhelmed with gratitude.  
 Rasing a family is tough but when I can slow down and see the special moments taking place it makes all the tough times worth it.

Michael was sweet (or crazy) and bought Cole a BB gun.  He took the boys out to show them how to do it.
 We have a stray cat that came and had kittens in our backyard.  There are four little ones and this little black one lets Morgan play with it.  I can't even put into words how cute it is to see Morgan cuddle the kitten and pack it around.
Here is our 4-H group.  We got together to make really decorative and fun cupcakes for our sponsor.

This is a great group of kids and we are happy to be involved with them.

Over conference weekend I heard some talks that really stressed the point to take time and have joy.  To not wait for the if onlys to come but have joy in the hard times as well as the good.  I really want to make more of a conscious effort in applying that advice because my joy is really found in the small things that are in my life....if I choose to slow down and see them!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Such great snapshots of life! How sweet to have Father son moments! Guns are good! Great display of our right to bear arms!
Love the picture of Morgan with the kitten.
Good looking 4H group.
Life looks like it is treating your family well. SO glad!

Janie said...

Love all the pictures but Olivia and I really laughed at Cole in the last one! His costume is cute/funny and he is making quite the face!

Conference was awesome! I was definitely inspired by the talks to step it up a notch and to enjoy life more. I have been such a party pooper lately!