Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mini Breakdown

 Towards the end of the summer at home with the kids got really difficult.  I believe it was a lack of routine, kids bored, me grouchy and who knows what else was going on but it made for the perfect break down.  I expressed  my extreme displeasure towards the kids one night to Mike and he knew that I needed a getaway.

So for the sake of my family, I left part of them behind...it felt great to get away!  Although I was not completely by myself I had the two easier kids...Mo and Tater.  The first night we drove to Logan and stayed a night there.  Morgan and I treated ourselves to some girl fun, we painted nails, took a long hot bath and just relaxed.

The next day we headed to Idaho...it just so happened the Call family reunion was going on.
 It was good for Morgan to see Bella and good for me to just have to worry about two kids for a little while.
 Tatum was a little off but still a good riding partner.
 My Grandma Carol is an amazing woman.  She is such a great example of kindness, patience, and so many other Christ like attributes that I hope to develop one day.
 My Aunt Kathleen is such a pretty lady and so fun to talk with.  There is never enough time it seems to catch up.
 Here is my beautiful sister Cort again!  So crazy that she is in so many family pictures again.  Did I write that I believe in miracles?  Well I do, and she is one for sure!

While I was off with extended family Mike and the boys decided to go have a fun boy weekend without the wicked witch around...(those are my words that I am sure the boys would use to describe me during that period... and still probably today too when I have to tell them no, or go do chores, or get your homework done...etc. )
 Mike being the AWESOME dad he is took them to Park City!  They climbed this huge rock!
 I am so proud of them...how brave!
 Carson always seems to have a smile on his face.
Cole is really concentrating in this one.  I was so pleased to hear that Mike took them to do something fun too.  I need to have him write about that trip because I am not sure all they did..but I know they had a blast.

It is so weird that life can really just start to pile on you if you are not careful. So much so that you start looking at the ones you love and all the blessings in your life in a negative, ungrateful way!

 I am so thankful for the time out I got  to clear my head and regroup.  I am so thankful for my boys and all the lessons they are teaching me about myself and what love really is and how much I still need to improve.  I am so thankful for a husband that loves me even with all my shortfalls and temper tantrums.. I am so thankful for Heavenly Father for all that I have.  I would not have my beautiful family if it was not for HIM and His loving plan to provide us with a SAVIOR so we can repent when we mess up!  I am so THANKFUL for FAMILY and the love, security, and happiness I experience with it.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Mike is so awesome! Isaac needs to take tips from him! Glad you had fun!