Thursday, November 14, 2013

Family Pre Halloween Party

 This is the second year we have gotten together with all the cousins and played for a few days.  We do this to strengthen family relationships and to have FUN!  I can't tell you how much I enjoy being together.

 This year we all meet on a Friday at Thanksgiving Point.  We went to Corn belly's and I think it would have been more fun if there weren't so many people!  Everyone came in on a Friday afternoon and left Sunday afternoon.
 I love this little woman here.  She is a good lady and I am proud to call her my mom.  I love how we can get together and just laugh and laugh.  She is probably one of the funniest people to be silly with.


We were able to sneak away on the second day and go get a pedicure...she had never done one before. By the big smile on her face I think she liked it!  Thanks mom.

 One of the nights us adults went out to dinner.  It was fun to get away from the kids for a minute and just catch up without interruption.

 Uncle Jake had bought Morgan and Bella princess dresses for their birthdays so they were wearing them around.
 This was Saturday and we kicked off the day with a Halloween card game.  You had to act out whatever you drew from the cards.  It was pretty funny and the kids really got a laugh watching the adults act out.
 We got very lucky that the weather was cooperating so we could do all our goofy stuff outside!
 We did have lots of munchies...
 The next activity Jake called "face off".  It is where adults drew kids names and then the adults painted the kids face.  We were trying to see who did the best job.
 The kids got really into this and the adults did some amazing paint jobs!  Such a great activity idea by Jake.
 These kids all play so good together.  I have so much fun when they come.  I know my kids love them and have a blast.


I am so sad this is the only picture  I have of that night!  We did a huge scavenger hunt in the dark again this year.  Jake and I really stepped it up this year compared to last.  Mike pulled the kids and grandparents around on a trailer with the 4-wheeler.  They sat on bales of hay in the trailer (it was small but cute).  We had tikki torches at each station and tried to make it a little scary for them.  I was really concerned about Jake making it too scary.  (He LOVES Halloween and all things scary) But seeing that the kids weren't that scared we may up the game next year.  Everyone, including the adults played a part.  Grandparents stayed with the kids and read the clues, Mike was the driver, Jared was the talking head at one of the stations, and Jake and I were like the grim reapers at each station.

It was such a great time.  I feel that when you try to make family traditions special it strengthens family!  That is the point with all of this. I want our family to know that we all care about each other...... and what better way to do that then by playing, laughing, and spending time together.

This year was a success and I feel our family ties were strengthened.


No comments: