Friday, November 22, 2013

A Quiet Moment

I'm sitting in front of the fireplace, the house is cleaned and Morgan and Tatum are playing some kind of chase game around the house.  I have 20 minutes before the boys have to be picked up.   I am relishing the down time I have had the last hour to read the headlines of the day and some of my favorite blogs.  I find myself in a pondering mode...

How did I get so lucky to stay home with my kids and raise them?  How is it that Mike and I have such healthy, beautiful, rambunctious children?  How is it that I have this beautiful life?  The answer that always comes is this..... I found Jesus Christ!  He is Real and He did save me!  I know to those who have not experienced a relationship with Him find a declaration like that uncomfortable or even dumb.... I don't care.  I know what I know and I love that I have this knowledge!  Through my relationship with Christ I have all that I have.

So on days when I have a moment to watch the wood burn in the fireplace, and hear my kids running and laughing, knowing they are warm and safe, and knowing that all I have is by His grace...I can't help but smile and feel overwhelming gratitude.

No comments: