Sunday, January 3, 2010

Looking Forward, Not Back



I heard a great talk by Elder Holland on not looking back and it struck me as fitting for 2010. Its never good to hang onto the past whether it was good or bad. I don't mean to say we don't look back and cherish certain memories that were special but I don't think it good that we wish to go back. Even with bad memories I think it an error to linger on them and rehash how terrible you were or the situation was. The past is the past. How can we look forward with faith if we are constantly looking back? I think that is a chief characteristic of faith...looking forward and having hope for the future.

I have lots to hope for this new year. I hope that I can improve as a mom and wife. I hope that we can get our downstairs done and some trees in this year. I hope I can grow as good a garden as I have in the past. I hope that President Obama will see the error of his ways (I said this was my hope list!) I hope that I can improve in the area of patience. And I hope that when I review this list at the end of 2010 I will see some small victories over myself. I think 2010 is going to be really great!

4 comments:

The Carter's said...

I totally agree with you sis!! Im looking forward to when Tilden and I move closer to you guys!!! I miss having my smart and wise older sister.....I love you Cy!!

ps. Your blog is looking great these days, way to go. And your family pictures look good. I like them..Oh and one more thing love the xmas pics of the kiddos all in new pj's. Give em all hugs and kisses!!
luv ya
cass

Janie said...

This is a great post. I like your I hope list. I am definately trying to improve as a wife and mother too. I love the advice about not looking back. That is council I am going to try to heed!

Love talking to you. Someday soon I hope it is in person!

summer said...

Good advice! Looks like you had a fab Christmas, everyone is getting bigger...already! Your new house looks like fun, all that land, what a dream come true for you! Hey, really like your fam picutres they are great! Hope all is well. Miss you guys!

Liz said...

Love this post! I think it will be a great year as well. And I am so excited to have you hear in Utah. Now we just have to get out and see each other. To bad we're not just a little closer. But I'll take it none the less!